Sunday 21 March 2010

British Weather

I start nice and early on a Saturday morning, Tippy Toes Toddler dance class takes place at Pear Tree School, Nantwich at 9.15am. It always amazes me at how many dads we have at this class bonding over a boogie.

Then after a quick change and swapping all the dance equipment to facepainting equipment, I was off to the Family Fun Day at Rope Green Farm Nursery. After a week of sunshine, Saturday took a turn for the worse. When I arrived at 11am, I was pleased to see so many dedicated families, despite the rain. Some were even on the bouncy castle! The staff stood at various tombola stalls under umbrellas and kept spirits up, a couple of children even had their faces painted. I was only able to stay for an hour in which time the rain did clear away for a short while. What a shame after all the effort but I hope the press managed to get some good publicity shots of the Cheshire East mayor Cllr Margaret Simon and MP, Mr Edward Timpson.

After Luke's lunchtime nap, we were off to Haslington Playbarn again for the second time this week. This time we met Gwen & Chloe and Frankie & Rawdon. Us mummies met at the Aquanatal class held at Nantwich Swimming baths when we were pregnant. It is a gentle exercise class in the water suitable for pregnant ladies from 16 weeks. It was a nice way to compare notes and chat about our fears of becoming first time parents. I'm glad we've stayed in touch and remained friends.

Being part of a Baby Cafe & Post Natal Group was very important to me, especially in the early days. I love to meet new people and share experiences, I was given lots of useful advice and hope I managed to pass on my own words of wisdom too. My Baby Sign class is held at 'Nantwich Baby Group' which is a local group set up by first time mums, Alison & Toni. Its a friendly group and only costs a £1 to go towards the hire of the hall. It is held at Market Street Church Hall from 10.30am till 12pm.

For more details go to www.nantwichbabygroup.org

No comments: