Saturday 19 February 2011

FAB FUNDRAISER


It was the Family Movie Event at Malbank School today, showing 'The Lion King'. We had over 100 people through the door which was pretty good going considering we were not allowed to advertise it as such due it being a community not-for-profit event. I used Facebook and my class contacts to promote the movie and I'm so pleased at how popular it was.

I offered face painting and asked for a donation for 'The Meningitis Trust' in memory of Charlie Mann who sadly died from Meningitis, all proceeds went to Charlie's fund. We raised £100 which I'm delighted with. Simon J. Newbury Photography photographed the children and offered a print on the day. Above is a photo of Luke and his friends, Chloe & Stella taken by Tina Newbury.

I've already started planning for the next one. It will be on Saturday 2nd April at 10.30am and this time its 'Toy Story' with optional fancy dress for the children.

Go to 'Hullabaloo Kids South Cheshire' on Facebook and 'like' the page and you will receive regular updates of classes and events.

No comments: