Friday 30 July 2010

8 DAYS A WEEK

The last 2 weeks have been non-stop, I don't have enough hours in the day or days in the week to fit everything in. Juggling work and being a mummy is getting to be more of a challenge.

I started 2 new classes last week for Baby Sign at Mablins Lane Children's Centre and Shavington Children's Centre. They were both well attended and as a result I have been taken on until further notice at both centres.

Sunday, I was busy with a party for 30 children in Knutsford. The lady booked me for her daughter's 1st Birthday party back in November, now thats what I call organised!

On Monday, I eventually had corrective laser surgery on my eyes. I was very nervous on the journey over to the Trafford Centre and even more so when I was called in to the treatment room. I won't go into details about the procedure but the operation was less than 10 minutes. When the anaesthetic wore off I was feeling very uncomfortable but after a couple of hours in bed, I was up and about with near on perfect vision.
After a morning of resting on Tuesday, I returned for my Post Op check up and was told I had 20/20 vision. What a relief and how exciting to be able to throw my glasses away.

I booked to have a stand, Facepainting at Nantwich Show on Wednesday which was a complete washout. Not only did I have the weather to battle against but Cheshire East had a marquee with someone offering Free Facepainting! How was I supposed to compete with that? I am staying optimistic that 'Hullabaloo Kids' was on the programme and that I may get a party booking off the back of it.

Luke has been here, there and everywhere the last 2 weeks and we are beginning to feel the affects. He is forever pushing boundaries and the 'Time Out' mat has re-appeared after being hidden in the back of the drawers. I haven't been able to spend time with him being a mummy and instead have been up to my eyes in paperwork and replying to emails.

After this morning's classes, I made the effort to have some quality time with Luke and focus on just being a mummy. We had a nice relaxing afternoon without one tantrum in sight.

No comments: