Tuesday 13 April 2010

POLISH GROUP


Last year I was given the opportunity to run 'Tippy Toes' at Underwood West Children's centre in Crewe, in conjunction with the Polish Group. Now I don't speak a word of Polish and they speak very little English, there is an interpreter who translates but the first few sessions were a real challenge to say the least. I expected them to at least know the Hokey Cokey or Ring a Ring a roses but I was very wrong.

I have visited the group over 10 times now and as soon as the children see me they tidy all the toys away and make a big circle ready to dance. They know which props are for which dance and they all have a ball. They even know what to do for the Hokey Cokey!

After today, I have one more session with the group but I hope they will be booking me again in the future. Fingers crossed.

No comments: