Sunday 18 September 2011

BYE BYE BABY, HELLO SCHOOLBOY!


It only seems like yesterday when I took this photo of Luke when he was a day old, that was 4 and a half years ago. My big boy is starting school full time tomorrow, its the day I've been dreading for ages. My baby is grown up and going to big school. I purposely put off taking any party bookings this weekend so Mark, Luke and I could spend some quality time together. Yesterday we went to Chester Zoo and today we spent time playing at home and getting organised for the big week ahead.

Mondays have always been 'Luke and Mummy days' and we have spent them together at the library, at the park, swimming, playdates, at playbarns, with Grandparents or just having lazy days at home. Tomorrow I'm going to be at a loose end and I will feel lost without my sidekick.

On my radio show each week, I end with Bay City Rollers 'Bye Bye Baby', I will be singing this tune in my head tomorrow. I will definitely be taking the tissues with me for the journey home from the school run.

No comments: