Wednesday 16 February 2011

TODDLER TALK ON REDSHIFT RADIO

Today was a real poignant day for me, every Wednesday between 10am and 12pm, I present my radio show 'Toddler Talk' on Redshift Radio.

I had a local lady, Katy Mann as a guest who had lost her 15 week son, Charlie to Meningitis. She is such an inspirational woman and is campaigning hard to raise awareness of this terrible disease to save lives of others. She has been keeping a blog in Charlie's memory and also using Twitter to spread the word, she has also managed to get 200 famous followers to retweet too.

Go to http://www.charliecheekychops.blogspot.com/ to follow Katy's story.

Another amazing woman who appeared on the show by phone was Sophia Mason, who lost her unborn daughter at 39 weeks. Her campaign is 'Chloe's "Count the Kicks" Campaign' on http://countthekicks.org.uk/. Sophia also talked about her battle with Meningitis at 17 when she lost both her legs.

You can hear the interview on the podcast on www.redshiftradio.co.uk

My job on the show is offer advice to parents and I hope I managed to do it justice today.

No comments: