Saturday, 7 August 2010
DIMENSIONS LEISURE CENTRE
I visited Dimensions Leisure Centre in Burslem for a swim a few weeks ago with a friend and her little girl and absolutely loved it. The pool was fantastic and I can't believe there are no photos on the website that do it any justice.
I haven't been able to swim since having laser eye surgery but seen as I have a few days off next weekend, I think we should visit as a family. Mark is a real water baby and hope Luke follows in his footsteps, although we did have the water wobbles a few months ago.
Here are more details about it from the site:-
Our modern, light and friendly centre offers a fantasy themed leisure pool with ‘dragon slide’, hot spa pools, ‘water rapids’ and a tropical beach bar.
On dry land, Dimensions also includes a sports hall, outdoor synthetic football pitches and access to Dimensions Health and Fitness Club. We also have a spinning studio and licensed café bar.
We offer a wide and varied range of leisure services for all the family:
* Leisure swim... A tropical water paradise with "Dino", our 65 metre dragon slide, rapids, fountains, spas, whirlpool, cascade pools and lots more fun for everyone.
* Family swim... A unique aqua leisure experience designed for families, with children in the water accompanied by adults.
* Swimming lessons
* Aquatots... A wonderful way for parents to introduce their toddlers to water, gain confidence and at the same time have fun with toys and floats. (Up to age of 6 years only).
* Aqua fit... A super energetic way to improve fitness in a structured class in water to music.
* Children's birthday parties
* Table tennis
* Roller disco
* Sporting events
For our opening times and programme information please follow the links on the right.
Please note: Children under 8 years of age must be accompanied in the water by a responsible person of at least 16 years of age. Lockers require a 50p piece (non-returnable).
Even on our busiest days, guests are guaranteed a minimum of 1.5 hours pool time. All instructions related to individual or general guest safety must be adhered to. Our programme is continually developing to cater for a wide a range of guests as possible therefore please confirm details with reception in advance. During term time, the Dragon Slide on Monday - Friday will be operational from 4pm. Sunday is Family Day, all children under 8 years of age must be accompanied in the water by a responsible person of at least 16 years of age. All features are subject to availability.
Don't take my word for it, go and see for you yourself!
Posted by Sharon at 17:44